Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Keep On Truckin'

My therapist told me that the most important thing to do at moments like this, when I am really struggling with the mental and emotional part of my eating disorder is to follow my meal plan NO MATTER WHAT! I absolutely have to make sure I am eating - and not just eating but eating enough. I said "But what if I can't?" And he told me that I just HAVE to do it. These are the times in my recovery when I start to slide backwards, because my head gets too loud. And he wants that to start to change, and have me be able to take bigger steps forward. He said that he totally understands that is easier said than done, but he told me that he believes in me and he KNOWS that I can do it! Geez, no pressure...right?

And distraction is a big thing too. He wants me to come up with a list of things that I can do at work, in the evenings, and on the weekends, to distract myself from those thoughts and urges. Then we will talk about my list and ways that I can really use distraction right now in my recovery. But it's hard. I am staring at a piece of paper on my desk at work and it's pretty much blank... I do have a couple things written down though.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... sleep, or crosswords/suduku, or read random things online... man, the thing is sometimes distraction just DOES NOT work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW what you mean because when I am doing those "distracting" things... I am STILL hearing ED's voice in my head. What's a girl to do! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how it is for me! It's like "just SHUT UP already and let me be in pease!"

    ReplyDelete