Monday, May 18, 2009

over the weekend...

I am feeling a bit more positive today...which is a really good thing! A few people have asked me what landed me in the hospital for the second time in less than two weeks, and it was from hypokalemia (very low potassium), severe dehydration, and an anxiety attack. No fun, I know - but it got me to realize that I need to put my recovery first and stop trying to be perfect and trying to please everyone around me. It's easier said than done, but I am willing to work on it because...well... I deserve it?? I don't really believe that I deserve it yet, but hopefully I will soon.

Here is a recap of the weekend:

Friday: worked half a day, had an appointment with my doctor and the cardiologist, then came home and slept.

Saturday: slept, slept, slept (oh yeah, and ate!)

Sunday: went to church, had dinner (and a good honest talk) with my parents, got to see my two adorable nieces!!! They can always put a smile on my face. :)

Then it is today. I am back at work, but it has been a pretty chill day...not too stressful thank goodness! I had an appointment this morning at St. Mark's Hospital to get a DEXA scan. The last one I had was two years ago, so I am hoping and praying that it hasn't gotten worse... Then I am off to meet with my therapist & dietician later this afternoon. We are going to talk about inpatient/IOP. But it's hard for me to agree to that because it's like "been there, done that...how is this time going to be any different?" But I guess that is something I can bring up today.

3 comments:

  1. Hey gal! I'm rootin for you! I hope all works out for you! You will have to keep us posted as to what happens with tonigths coversation with your dietitian and your therapist. I am also glad to hear that you are still hanging in there and that you survived the weekend! We are all rootin' for ya!

    God Bless!!!

    Leticia H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenn,
    I am so glad to hear you are feeling better I was worried about ya. I just want you to know I love ya tonz and I will do whatever I can to help. If ya ever need to talk give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Jenn! I was once told that you just had the keep trying things until it worked to get you to recovery, so don't think about how it will help, it will be a very different experience. But do you have other options?

    ReplyDelete