Monday, August 17, 2009

meeting jenni

When I began my recovery a few years ago, one of the things I received the day I went inpatient was a book called "Life Without Ed". I highlighted in that book, I underlined in that book, I circled parts in that book, I wrote some of my thoughts and feelings in that book - it's pretty much graffiti'd! But in a good way. I have read that book SO many times since then, and have found so much inspiration and comfort from it. So, I was super excited when I found out that Jenni Schaefer would be speaking at the All Day Conference at CFC last Friday! The whole thing was really really good, and there were a lot of great speakers, but I felt very grateful, lucky, and blessed to have the opportunity to meet someone who has touched me so deeply in my own recovery!
 

She was even nice enough to bring advanced copies of her new book "Goodbye Ed, Hello Me" for us and it doesn't even come out until next month! I really loved listening to her speak because she has such a positive attitude and is such an amazing example to me! And by the way, I am LOVING the book and I hope everyone goes out and buys it!!! 

2 comments:

  1. So wish I could have been there. The one last year was amazing and so inspirational for me and helped get me out of a rut big-time. Jenni pretty much rocks, as well as everyone else at CFC. Next year I'm hoping to be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you had such a wonderful experience! Jenn sounds like a great person and I'm sure her book is very helpful and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete