Friday, August 21, 2009

My (therapy) goals and HOPES for the future!

Here is the list of goals that I am currently working on and seriously hoping to be able to achieve!!

1- After I finish IOP - I am going to continue doing "partial IOP" (meaning still see therapist, dietician weekly, see all my doctors on a regular basis, and take some of the classes that are open to out-patients at CFC.)

2- Look for a full-time job and start working again (or two jobs or whatever I need to be able to pay all of my bills, help pay off some of my medical debts, and save money for school!)

3- Start school again!!! I want so very very very much to start in January...but depending on the finances...summer at the very latest. And yes, I want to go back to fashion school! I feel like I am in a better place now and I feel I would be able to handle triggering or hard situations a lot better than before.

4- I want my social life back! Have fun again! Go out and do recreational things with people! I don't want my eating disorder to keep preventing me from this!

5- I want to start going to church regularly and get more involved in my singles ward. I want to work on regaining my spirituality (because I know it's in there - I just need to find it!)

6- I want to become more independent and believe in myself more and believe that I can do it! "I am strong and able to do things! I am confident in myself and my abilities!" And one way to achieve this is to be able to set healthy boundaries with people...

7- I want to start dating again!! I want to believe that I am worth being loved and cared for by someone.

8- I want to write a book! A memoir, a novel, a book of poetry...maybe all three???

9- I want to continue getting stronger and getting healthier!!!

Wow! That is a lot right?!?!? But I am not going to let myself get overwhelmed. I am going to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time, one hour at a time, one step at a time. I still have a long ways to go recovery wise - but I am getting there, it's just taking me longer than I would like or thought it would...

3 comments:

  1. You will get there! Lets play sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome and inspiring goals! I have no doubt that you can achieve them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I want all of these things for you as well!

    ReplyDelete