Friday, September 4, 2009

4 more weeks of IOP

For the past few months, most of my time has been spent either at Center For Change (doing IOP), at home reading or working on assignments, and ...eating! My recovery has been my number one priority. And I have been delving into emotions and feelings that I have never wanted to talk about or think about before and I feel like even though it's been really really really really really really really rough and stressful and horrible and I have cried and been an emotional wreck almost every single day- I feel like I am making a lot of progress and that has made all of this worth it!!!  

I feel like during this round of treatment, I have been able to work through a lot of stuff but... I still have a long ways to go. My treatment team has wanted me to go inpatient or do the full day program (they think that is what I need to really get a handle on this) but financially that isn't possible because we have already paid SO much for previous inpatient & hospital stays... so my parents and I, along with my treatment team, have decided to extend my IOP for another 4 weeks. This was going to be my last week - but since I am still struggling with a lot of stuff (especially the eating and weight gain part) My treatment team thought it would be the best option for me to extend my treatment. And I am so grateful because I was really starting to freak out about having a huge drop in treatment care when I don't feel like I am at all ready for that responsibility...

No comments:

Post a Comment