Tuesday, February 2, 2010

whistling in the dark

Mr. Dave musta got something in his eyes cause he took out his handkerchief and took some time to wipe 'em off. "You know, you were really brave today. But the next time you need someone to believe you, come to me."

"But I wasn't brave," I said sadly. "I was scared to death."

"Brave doesn't mean you're not scared, Sally. Brave means you're scared and you do it anyway. Everybody gets scared."

"Do you?"

"I was scared for a long, long time," he said, squeezing my shoulder. "But I am feeling a whole lot better now."

(excerpt from Whistling in the Dark by Lesley Kagen)

2 comments:

  1. You are brave, Jenn. Each day is a victory--even when it is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady...I switched to private on my blog. I've sent an invite to your email let me know if you get it.

    ReplyDelete