Monday, March 22, 2010

how to deal??

gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing! gaining weight is a good thing!

So why does it consume me and overwhelm me with feelings of self-consciousness, being out of control, anxiety, and fear?

And why does it feel like such a bad and negative and scary thing to me - if it's supposed to be such a good thing???

2 comments:

  1. I know this expression sounds wrong in this context, but it really is a case of no pain, no gain. I hated every kilo I gained in treatment, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but to get to a healthy weight and stay there brought me so many rewards, that I can guarantee it's definitely worth the pain and the hard work.

    It's scary, but ultimately rewarding.

    Keep up the good work :-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good mantra! WE MUST GET THAT INTO OUR RATIONAL MINDS, the real us, and protect it there, not let the ED makes us give up or give in, because the gaining weight bit is so hard and scary!

    Its a constant battle at this stage, but one that DOES pass further along...we just have to HANG IN THERE!!

    Love to you,
    Jennifer xx

    PS. I love your beliefs on the sidee of your blog, beautiful, happy, fun, love them!

    ReplyDelete