Tuesday, March 2, 2010

just gotta "keep on truckin!"

Even though things seem bad right now, I can't give up! I can't and I won't!! Something we are told constantly in treatment and recovery is "Progress Not Perfection" and that is something that I need to keep in mind - especially during the hard times and try not to let myself get so discouraged and overwhelmed when I feel like I am drowning in the anorexia. Recovery is not black & white! There is a whole lot of gray up in there and we have to find that gray! 

I just need to take things one day at a time, one hour at a time, even one moment at a time if I need to. But the important thing is to not give up...ever! And to be able to lean on people for support and let them help me when I feel like I am drowning.

5 comments:

  1. I love this post! Your courage and determination to hang on during the very hard times inspires us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this Jenn. I know you can and I know it's not easy. Keep on fighting and pushing and one day, you can be free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this of course but I'm still really worried that you are so controlled by the disease. Can you step up your treatment since cutting back did not help? Money shmmoney. It'll come together. You need to save yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking of stepping up the treatment. Thinking quite a bit about it actually.

    So I will keep you upated :)

    ReplyDelete