Wednesday, March 17, 2010

snack of the day!

In my on-going efforts to break away from my very limited list of "safe foods" and discover new (and sometimes scary) foods... I have come across my new favorite thing to snack on.


Drumroll please...........


Cinnamon goldfish crackers and vanilla goldfish crackers! Mmm, they are super yummy and I am loving them! And they have less sodium then the regular cheddar ones (that I used to eat all the time, and still like to eat occasionally) which is always a huge bonus because my body loves to retain water anytime I eat salty foods (which causes me to be very afraid of foods that contain more salt then my ED has told me is okay to have...) I have also tried the pretzel ones but they have an insane amount of sodium (well, that's what the ED has convinced me of...) So I am unable to eat those without feeling anxiety and guilt, even though they do taste yummy.

It's not often, especially lately, that I am able venture off of my "safe foods" list and find a new item that I not only enjoy eating but don't feel guilty eating! Me enjoy food and not feel anxious or guilty when I eat? I know, it's a crazy concept! There are not very many foods that I can say this about, but these 2 cracker flavors are one of them. And I hope that as I move forward in my recovery, my "safe foods" list will grow and grow and grow!

I don't know if any of you have tried these flavors but I highly recommend them. : )

2 comments:

  1. Yay! My boyfriend got the 'S'mores' flavor. Have you tried those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pretzel ones. and my son loves the colored ones. goldfish are so cute and an aweesome snack :)

    ReplyDelete