Wednesday, March 17, 2010

standing ovation from me to you!

I just want to say that I am so proud of my 12 year old niece, Arianna, who did so awesome in her school play last night! Bless those kids hearts for having the courage to get up there and do their thing! It wasn't perfect and it reminded me that life doesn't have to be perfect to be enjoyable or fun! They were not afraid to get up there and fail, and when they messed up...they kept going!
-
-
These middle schoolers taught me a huge lesson. I am a person who has held myself back from so many opportunities because I was afraid of failing or of not being perfect. I have a lot of regrets in my life because of this, and I still struggle with this fear today. But I am working on it, and if these young kids can do it... maybe I can too.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Arianna :-) Fear of failing is one of the biggest barriers we put in front of ourselves, when in reality the only way to fail is not to try at all.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete