Monday, April 19, 2010

fingers crossed!!

I have a job possibility that I am super excited about! I don't want to say too much in fear of jinxing it or getting my hopes up (even though I think it's too late for that). But I think it would be a really good fit for me. My therapist does too. I have been looking hard for a job and I think this one will be really good for me in many many ways - one of them being: I don't think it will be a trigger for my ed - which is the most important one right now! I have mentioned in past posts that job stress & performance is a huuuuge trigger for behaviors, so that's why I have had to be a little bit picky this time around in looking for a job.

I hope I get it because I have spent more than enough time jobless, bored, and wasting my days away with ed trying to keep me company while everyone around me lives their life and goes to work/school while I feel like a loser because I am not... It's been almost a year(!) since I have had a full-time job and... even though half of that time was spent in IOP treatment and soon after that ended, trying to recover from an illness (and subsequent hospital stay) that my poor body almost didn't recover from... That doesn't matter because it's been almost a year and that's too long!!!

I will keep everyone updated soon... I promise! Just keep your fingers crossed for me! : )

11 comments:

  1. My fingers are crossed for you! - this sounds really exciting...looking forward to hearing more :-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear about this! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you. Super duper hoping it pans out! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers are crossed for you! Hope you get the job :)
    Take care,
    Cassie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have EVERYTHING CROSSED for you,sweetheart!
    You so deserve something positive and I it would be a great kick up the butt for the ED also, to have youu involved and anticipating work that you enjoy..
    GOOD ON YOU SWEETHEART, I will remain in this bizarre crossed position until I hear you HAVE the job!! Heehee.
    Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crossing my fingers, toes, and legs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will keep my fingers crossed too!
    About coming up there..... the only time we plan on traveling this year is to Josh's brothers wedding next month on the 15th in Draper. Maybe we could get together. Josh and I would like to take TJ mini golfing at that place we went to a few years ago with you. Would you want to do that? Keep in mind I don't know what our schedule will be like for sure but we are hoping we can take time to do that. We should be coming up on the 13th so hopefully we will have some time away from wedding stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What kind of job is it? Jobs stress me out. I was thinking of CNA classes then to be a CNA and realized I'd stress and make myself sick. I've been known to stress over things stress so badly that i don't get any sleep then the next day i'm vomiting sick cuz i stressed out so badly. So I'm with ya there girl needing a job that you won't make ya sick.

    ReplyDelete