Friday, April 16, 2010

my serenity prayer

God, grant me the serenity to...
Accept the things I cannot change:
(things like...)
* my past
* other people's thoughts, feelings, & behaviors
* the fact that I am not perfect
* my "set point" - the weight my body naturally wants & needs to be at to be healthy
-
The courage to change the things I can:
(things like...)
* recovery & ways that I cope
* my future
* setting healthy boundaries with people
* accepting mistakes I make & accepting myself
* forgiving myself & loving myself
-
And the wisdom to know the difference:
Understanding that I can't always control what happens in my life - but I can control how I react to them, how I cope with them, and how I learn from them and move forward.
---
God, grant me the patience for all the changes that take time,
appreciation for all that I have,
tolerance for those with different struggles,
and the strength to get up and live one day at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Amen. Beautiful prayer. This really spoke to me :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the serenity prayer. I like that you personalized it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice :) Have heard the serenity prayer before, but it's cool how you've added your own words to it to adapt it to your situation.
    Take care,
    Cassie x

    ReplyDelete