God, grant me the serenity to...
Accept the things I cannot change:
* my past
* other people's thoughts, feelings, & behaviors
* the fact that I am not perfect
* my "set point" - the weight my body naturally wants & needs to be at to be healthy
The courage to change the things I can:
* recovery & ways that I cope
* my future
* setting healthy boundaries with people
* accepting mistakes I make & accepting myself
* forgiving myself & loving myself
And the wisdom to know the difference:
Understanding that I can't always control what happens in my life - but I can control how I react to them, how I cope with them, and how I learn from them and move forward.
God, grant me the patience for all the changes that take time,
appreciation for all that I have,
tolerance for those with different struggles,
and the strength to get up and live one day at a time.