Friday, July 9, 2010

BBQ update

It went... pretty well actually. But I am happy and relieved that it is over. I don't like to do food challenges while I am at work because my job is stressful enough! It could have been better, but it also could have been worse! You have to pick and choose your battles, you know?

It didn't start off as I had planned though, because I wanted to go by myself, and then eat by myself but - the other co-workers in my office decided that we should all go together to get our food and then bring it back to our desks. I panicked! This was not in my plans! But I went with them anyways. I did get comments from a couple of my coworkers, but I knew I had things on my plate that were challenging so even though I didn't get as much food as they thought I should have... I knew I was challenging myself and that is what mattered to me.


It did take me longer than it should have to eat.
But I did go back to my desk and eat it there (another fear for me).

I did go on a power-walk afterwards to try to burn off some anxiety (...and calories)...
But I did eat foods that were scary and I challenged myself instead of running away and ignoring the whole situation!

I don't think I will be doing it again anytime soon - but it was a step in the right direction. So... GO ME!!! I have fallen back too far again into my "safe foods" that are super restrictive & limited and so it's a challenge to break out of that, once again, but I have done it before and I know I can do it again! It's just going to take time, patience, support, hard work, dedication, and challenging those fears one meal (and snack) at a time!!!

5 comments:

  1. You should be so proud of yourself! This is such a wonderful and inspiring post :) keep up the good work! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you. I know what it's like to have that stupid anxiety. It's not fun. Hope the walking helped, I'm still learning how to cope with my anxiety. If you have any tips or tricks that have helped you with your anxiety i'm all ears and eyes if you don't mind sharing. (healthy tips/tricks to fight the anxiety)
    Hope things keep going well. and good job on facing two fears at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done and be proud of yourself. Experiences like this are also good learning opportunities, and each time you practice challenging yourself you learn loads.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sorry I have been MIA for a while, life got pretty crazy. I am also proud of you. You did good! Take it one step at a time.
    Love ya,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete