Sunday, August 22, 2010

this girl is okay

i want to scream and shout it from the rooftops! i want to dance in the rain and cry endless tears of relief and joy! i feel like something inside me has awakened. i feel God, and i feel Him whispering to me that "it's okay now to LET GO..." of the things that have kept me clinging to the eating disorder for so long. i feel like i have finally received an answer to the desperate prayer that has been in my soul for SO many years. and i feel like now, i am finally ready to start letting go of the anorexia, and start reaching out to LIFE!

and i think i am going to finally be able to start letting go.
i am ready to finally start moving on and TRULY begin to heal.
i am ready to find MY own voice - so i can start to sing my song again.

i don't want to go into too many details right now (most of it happened during a family vacation a week ago, and since then) because these feelings are all still SO new and overwhelming to me (and i am sooooo afraid that these feelings are going to suddenly just disappear almost as quickly as they came into my life) - but i just wanted to say that i am okay, i am hopeful, i am... HAPPY.

xoxo,
me


5 comments:

  1. It totally made my day to read this, Jenn. I'm so happy that you are in such a vibrant & happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very exciting and I'm so happy for you :-) You absolutely deserve to be healthy, happy and free.

    Inspiring stuff.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jenn. You deserve to feel this freedom, happiness, and health. After being without it for so long, it's about time you embrace life and all it has to offer.

    The feeling may be new, but it doesn't mean it won't last. Hold on to it, continue to do whatever it is your doing - beause it seems to be working for you!

    I cannot tell you how similar I feel. Life is coming at a thundering pace and it's the most thrilling thing I've ever experienced!

    Embrace it, beautiful.

    <3
    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the epiphany! I hope the new thoughts stick around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU and Thank you to a Loving Heavenly Father!

    ReplyDelete