Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Forgotten Carols


Last night, I went with one of my friends to see The Forgotten Carols. I got the tickets a few weeks ago and have been anxiously awaiting this day to come! It is a musical/play that has been around for 19 years. Here is a brief synopsis about it:

A timeless classic, Michael McLean's The Forgotten Carols have been enjoyed by sold-out audiences nationwide. The Forgotten Carols tells the story of a nurse whose empty life is changed when a new patient recounts the story of Christ's birth as told by little known characters in the nativity story. The accounts from the Innkeeper, the Shepherd and others help her discover what the world has forgotten about Christmas, and open her heart to the joy of this special season.

I am familiar with the story and the songs as I have heard it read, and listened to the cd for many years during the Christmas season (as it is a tradition a lot of my friends have with their families) but I have never seen the actual live performance. And I loved it!! It brings a special spirit into the auditorium and into your heart. I am a fan of Michael Mcclean's and have been every since I was a young girl. (he is a very well-known and popular singer/songwriter in the LDS faith). I was really thankful for the opportunity to finally see this play live and I hope to make it a tradition of my own to go and see this play in person (not just read the book or listen to the cd) every year during Christmas from now on. And when I have a family of my own, I hope to take my children to see this play. It's that special and heartwarming. It brings nothing but warmth, peace, & hope to the people who see it.

2 comments:

  1. That play sounds wonderful!
    Just found your blog :)
    Im here for you if you need anything,
    because recovery IS worth it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! first time commenter :)
    I love doing xmassy things like this, there is so much joy, thanksgiving and appreciation to be shared and experienced during xmas, its not all about the presents. Its the most wonderful time of the year! :) xx

    ReplyDelete