Sunday, December 5, 2010

don't count me out just yet... i'm still here!

A few days ago, I went with a friend to see the movie Burlesque - (which was really good, by the way!) And Cher sang a song that really moved me and gave me chills - because I feel like every single word in this song describes me, my life, & especially my journey to finding recovery, perfectly. I love it!, and the words are so powerful. My eating disorder has brought me to my knees, it has brought me past the point of breaking, and it has literally been life-threatening many many times... but I am still here.

And even though I may not know quite why yet... there is a reason. As as I continue to heal, as I continue to find that strength, hope, and peace that I long for - I will come to truly believe that I can let go of the past, I do deserve to be happy, I do deserve to love and be loved. That I do matter, and that I am "enough" just the way I am.

I am not perfect but I am still fighting. I am in the fight of my life, for my life! I am determined to find recovery for myself - and to also use my story, my struggles, my experiences to help others who are struggling to find their own way out of this illness.


"You Haven't Seen The Last of Me"

Feeling broken
Barely holding on
But just there's something so strong
Somewhere inside me.
And I am down, but I'll get up again.
Don't count me out just yet

I've been brought down to my knees
And I've been pushed right past the point of breaking,
But I can take it.
I'll be back -
Back on my feet
This is far from over
You haven't seen the last of me.
You haven't seen the last of me.

They can
Say that I won't stay around
I gonna stand my ground
You're not gonna stop me.
You don't know me, you don't know who I am.
Don't count me out so fast

I've been brought down to my knees
And I've been pushed right past the point of breaking,
But I can take it.
I'll be back -
Back on my feet
This is far from over
You haven't seen the last of me.

There will be no better
This is not the end
I'm better now
And I'll be standing on top again.
Times are hard but I was built tough.
I'm gonna show you all what I'm made of.

I've been brought down to my knees
I've been pushed right past the point of breaking,
But I can take it.
I'll be back -
Back on my feet
This is far from over
I AM FAR FROM OVER
You haven't seen the last of me.

No, no, I'm going nowhere
I'm staying right here
Oh, no you won't see my fear
I'm not kidding around
Can't stop me.
Can't stop me
You haven't seen the last of me
Oh, no -
You haven't seen the last of me.
You haven't seen the last of me.

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Jenn! Keep fighting! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am back in the blogging world. I've been gone for a long time, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I am glad to see you're doing well. :)

    I have made my blog private so, could you email me your email at guo791999@gmail.com so that I can add you to my invite list because I'd love to stay in contact.

    xoxo
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete