Friday, November 4, 2011

zumba does a body good!

Last night, while I was in my Zumba class, I started thinking about how much this class has helped me with my body image. Even though I love dancing (ballet the most), I couldn't help but think back to how - in the past - I NEVER would have felt comfortable shaking my booty and just letting go like we do in Zumba (especially in front of other people!) But I do feel comfortable and I love it!!

I love going to my class because it's such a great stress reliever and it's impossible to not feel happy and have a smile on your face while you are there! It's such a great way to not only connect with your body, but also gain more confidence in your body and your self. And it's been such an amazing help for me as I am learning to love and accept (and be comfortable!!) in this new healthy body of mine. Curves and all! At first, I was a little self-conscious, naturally... Because I haven't really put myself (and my body) out there like this since I gained all the weight. But it didn't take as long as I thought for me to be able to let go and just feel the music and my body. And now... I love it! It's so fun and a great form of exercise. It doesn't feel like exercise - it feels like I am in dance class. I crave my Monday and Thursday night classes and it's a positive & healthy part of my week, and my recovery.

7 comments:

  1. Jenn,

    Zumba is so much fun! It is so fantastic that you have pushed aside any feelings of self-conscious about your body and have been able to enjoy your classes. This is such a big achievement. Happy 'zumba-ing' sweetie!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to zumba, it sounds like fun but I don't think I could do it. I would be too embarrassed to dance in front of everyone. That is so great you are able to be confident and just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my old friends is now a zumba instructor, but I've never done it... I'm pretty horrid at those fast paced (as in a lot of movements) classes... but I know it looks super fun.

    I think it says a lot that you're conquering fears =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive done zumba a few times and other dance fitness classes. I love yoga booty ballet. I think its fun to just dance around and be silly. Gives us time to just forget about our body and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's awesome that you enjoyed this :) Don't think I have commented before, but I love your blog!

    Hope you're having a great week :)

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHERE'S JENN??? Missing you. xx P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever considered becoming a Zumba instructor?

    ReplyDelete