Friday, December 2, 2011

the holiday season begins!

I love the holiday season! I love everything about it! I love getting together with my friends and family. I love curling up in warm blankets and drinking hot chocolate on a snowy night. I love the Christmas movies that are on tv. I love shopping!! I love wrapping presents and giving them to people. I love Christmas music. I love parties and the yummy food (hmm... never thought I'd be able to say that! lol). I love the cheery & happy feeling in the air around this time of the year. I love going to church and feeling the peace I get when I am there. I love walking around downtown. I love looking at all the Christmas lights. It also doesn't hurt that my birthday is this month too. I could go on and on about why I love the holidays. But most of all, the thing I love the most about the holidays this year is that my eating disorder won't be there to disrupt, interfere, or ruin things (for me and for my family & friends) - like it has since I was 13 years old.

Tonight I'm going to a church Christmas dinner & program with my boyfriend and his family. Then we are going back to his parents house to exchange small gifts & hang out, maybe watch a movie, play games, or just relax. It's the first of many celebrations to come this month. I am excited = ) This time of the year used to bring me so many emotions, and I have so many painful memories from all the years when I was struggling. I know I can't change the past. I can't forget the horrible things that I went through and felt because of my eating disorder... but what I can do it make new memories that are filled with happiness, love, and health that I can replace the old memories with. I know I can't forget, but I can forgive (myself and others), and I can let go and reach for love instead.

5 comments:

  1. I love the holidays too! I hope the Christmas dinner and program were fun. I hope you have a fabulous holiday season. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome that you are going to get to experience the holidays in recovery! That's my goal too :) It shall be wonderful! I hope you have so much fun...there is so much to celebrate, ESPECIALLY when you have your health :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey jenn :) thanks for your sweet comment. I'm looking forward to reading your blog again. Also, just wanted to say, not sure if you did this on purpose but you said continue putting one "food" in front of the other LOL. awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love this post. And I love christmas too :) I hope this christmas will be wonderful for you, I'm sure it will be. I'm commenting late, but I hope you had a nice time with your boyfriend and his family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, I love the vitality in it, the life. You have come through so much. I know you still have struggles, but they are so much less then what they were. You have done amazing things. I'm so excited for you as you enter into this season that you love. I hope it brings MANY blessings to you as you do to all those around you, including me.

    Love and hugs xo

    ReplyDelete