Thursday, May 3, 2012

create a mascot


The mascot that I chose for my recovery is a music note.  Ever since I was little, music has been in my soul.  It has always been a huge part of my life... of me.  Music is one of my biggest passions (I even had dreams of becoming a songwriter one day... I still have that dream).  The reason why I chose this as my mascot for recovery is because music has always been a constant in my life.  It has always been the thing that I turned to when I needed courage, hope, or even when I needed something to cry along with.  Whether it's through writing my own songs, or listening to and/or singing along to songs that touch me - music has been a big part of not only my recovery, but my life.

Music is such a powerful tool.  Any emotion you are feeling can be felt in a song.  I have a playlist of recovery songs that I listen to often, and it always gives me the courage to keep fighting.  I have songs that I listen to when I just need to feel sad, angry, or cry for a little bit.  I have songs that I listen to when I need comfort or peace.  I have songs that I listen to when I am happy... and I sing along.  I know that music is one of the things in my life that has saved me.  It's a part of me.  A big part of me and I am grateful for that.  My passion for songwriting is also something that has saved me.  It has been a way for me to express my emotions in a healthy way.  I love writing songs.  I love creating music and I love the power that is in music.  Music heals me.  It always has.  It always will.

7 comments:

  1. ♫ My darling friend,♫

    As always I loved reading this post and also your ten reasons for recovery. Never ever lose neither your passion for music nor your dream to be a songwriter...♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna know how to make symbols! Jenn, I'd be really curious to know some of your favorite artists. Also, did I already know you wrote songs? I don't remember and that's so cool! I have written some poetry that I sent to my sister to make into songs but she never did. :( Then I sent one to my friend Suzanna a few months ago and she made a song and posted it on fb within a couple of hours! It was so pretty, too. It was so fun hearing my words played to a song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post...

    To quote John Miles "Music was my first love and it will be my last"

    In early recovery I put music to one side - I couldn't cope with it, it had connotations with the old me. However now happily all behind me and I write stuff I'm pretty happy with. Much of the lyrical content of my material is recovery inspired - funny people with no idea about the spiritual awakening of the programme never see it - they think they are songs about lovers... which in a way it is

    ReplyDelete
  4. I changed my blog name to my little corner of the world hope all is good I heart music too hugs and much love bre

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you ever posted your recovery song playlist? I'd be interested in that. I'm with you, music is therapy for my soul. Nothing in the world moves me like the beauty and healing power of music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I love that your mascot is a music note! <3

    ReplyDelete