Tuesday, May 15, 2012

a letter to little me



Dear Jenny,

You are such a sweet, sensitive, & innocent girl.  Don't be in such a rush to grow up.  You'll have the rest of your life to be an adult.  I understand how you are feeling right now, lost and forgotten in your family - different in so many ways.  You feel misunderstood and you are holding so much hurt and fear.  But please listen to me when I tell you how important you are to your family, and how much they really do love you.  They need you in their lives so much more than you realize right now.  They love you so much!  Just remember to be patient with others, and most importantly, patient with yourself.

I also understand the hurt and pain that you feel of not being good enough - please don't put that burden on yourself.  You're just a little girl.  You have so much to live for and you are going to do so many wonderful things in your life.  You are so smart, beautiful, & talented.  Never forget that!  All of the hard times you will go through as you grow up will only make you a stronger person.  Please try to remember that as you are going through them.  You have such a kind heart.  And one day, despite all of the challenges life will bring you, you will be able to use that kind heart and your story to be a light in other people's lives.  You are so unique and that's one of the things people love about you.  You are caring and forgiving.  You are nonjudgmental, you always look for the best in everyone.  Please don't let the world take these things away from you.

More than anything, I wish that I could protect you from all of the pain that life is going to bring to you - but I can't.  What I can do is be right there to walk beside you, and even hold your hand when you need me to.  Always remember that every trial and every tear is going to make you the woman that you are meant to be.  You are going to learn from those hard times, and become a stronger person because of it.

And remember to never ask why or become angry at God. He won't ever give you anything you can't handle - even though there will be many many times where you feel like he does.  He is always there for you.  Remember that.  Don't let go of that.  And please, please don't ever stop dreaming!!  Keep those dreams close to you, hold them as tightly as you can, and never look back.  And no matter what happens, always remember that you are loved by so many people and that you matter.  Remember that you ARE enough.  And you will find the happiness and peace that you long for.  You will.  I promise you that!

with all my love,
Jennifer

(me in the middle)

5 comments:

  1. I am always reading, Jenn, though haven't commented for a while, I know. A beautiful letter. I'm still cheering you on from afar.

    xxx Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Please don't let the world take these things away from you'. It's sad how growing up changes the way we look at the world. A very beautiful letter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This warmed my heart to read...

    So honest and so beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole post sounds like one beautiful and true prayer. That little you must have heard that because you are an amazing woman. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet letter to little you. Keep it close and remember it still when you need it most.

    ReplyDelete