Saturday, June 30, 2012

COMMUNITY


I have found SO much comfort in the recovery community.  Whether it was groups, treatment centers, friends, or the blogging community... there is so much strength & healing in it!  Community has been one of the GREATEST things that have impacted my recovery.  I don't think I would be where I am today without it.  

When you are surrounded by people who love you, who support you, who understand you and what you are going through - it's amazing how that can impact and strengthen someone.  I am grateful for ALL of the people in my life who have been in my recovery community.  I am grateful to ALL of you who write the words that inspire and strengthen me on your blogs, post comments to give me continued strength, and who keep fighting and keep getting back up no matter how many times you fall.

Never underestimate the power of community!  It is a force that can do so much good if it is used the right way.  I have really enjoyed this challenge and because of this challenge, I have gotten to know many more amazing & inspiring people.  This journey of recovery is so tough - but if we stick together... we WILL rise above the madness of the eating disorder and find the freedom that is waiting for us in recovery.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for becoming a part of my recovery community Jenn! I look forward to "seeing" you and your blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree - my AA community is so important to me. I suppose I reluctantly joined in not really wanting to at first and not intending to really join in but now I have. Yesterday a text from someone who has been let down asking me to speak at a meeting tonight - I can so I will and feel honoured to be part of the network

    ReplyDelete