Wednesday, June 13, 2012

PERFECT




PERFECT.  I hate that word.  That word held me captive for SO long.
But I refuse to let it tear me down or tear me apart any longer.
I am a work in progress when it comes to this word because I lived under it's spell for way to long.
It will take time to free myself from it... But I WILL get there.

This is something that I am still trying to embrace and love about myself.
I want to believe that I AM enough just the way that I am,
And that I don't need to be perfect... because my imperfections are what make me unique, beautiful,
And what makes me... ME.

4 comments:

  1. At the start of Chapter 5 "How it works" in the book Alcoholics Anonymous (aka the big book) it outlines the suggest programme of recovery - i.e. the 12 steps as they are known. You listen to this stuff with words like "searching and fearless", "exact nature of our wrongs", "willing to make amends to them all"... etc. etc. that programme is daunting. Luckily quickly after the steps are introduced it says... "We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection". Thank goodness! I could have very very easily seen that programme and thought to myself I have no chance of doing that 100% and walking away. I'm so glad it allows me to make my best efforts and progress along in my recovery, never perfect, never finished. And like you say our individual imperfections is what make us what/who we are

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new at blogging and love your blog! It's so easy to relate to and truly helpful. Because your blog is so popular, I would appreciate it if you could add mine to your list of other blogs.
    I'm not sure how to get mine out there to get followers.
    Thank you and you're an inspiration =]
    http://morningcoffee-thought.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also not a fan of the word "perfect." Like when people say things like:
    Just 10 lbs. and I'll be perfect!
    I just want to be perfect.

    NO, I say. NO SUCH THING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PERFECT- a seven letter word that shouldn't exist, because it isn't real. You are imperfectly and beautifully YOU.

    ReplyDelete