Thursday, June 28, 2012

TRAVEL


Growing up, I moved around a lot because of my dad's job.  I was born in Illinois, then moved to Oklahoma, then to Texas, then back to Oklahoma, then to West Virginia, then again to Oklahoma before our family settled here in Utah.  I have also traveled to many different states growing up with my family, and also with friends when I got older.  But... I have never been out of the country.  I have been to Hawaii - but not other countries. 

I want to SO much though!  My heart yearns to travel, and to see other cultures.  I just haven't been able to yet because of certain things that have prevented it.  The main reason being my struggle with my eating disorder and not being well enough to travel.  But now that I am in recovery, I am healthy, and doing really well... I am in a much better place to travel, to see the world, to experience other cultures.  

I am planning on going to Mexico in November with some people from my church for a week to help build houses.  I am really excited because this also fits into my deep desires to do humanitarian work and to do what I can to lend myself to others who need that help, love, & support.  I also really want to travel all over the world!  I want to go to Italy, Australia, Ireland, Greece... SO many places!!  Traveling is one of the things I really want to do, and I hope that I will be able to make this dream a reality.

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping to get time when I finally get to retire traveling around the UK - we have so much history and great landscapes etc. that I've never had enough time to explore and I'd rather do that than a load of travel abroad - at the moment anyway.

    ReplyDelete